Main Conference Day 2
8:00 am - 8:45 am Coffee & Registration
8:45 am - 9:00 am Chairperson Opening Remarks
9:00 am - 9:45 am 48 Volt: Driving What’s NextPhil Shaw, Director Product Line for Advanced Battery,Johnson Controls
- 48V is available now.
- It can solve (or be a critical part of the solution) to the immediate problems as a bridge to the next generation of mobility.
- It can also play a critical role at that point – system redundancy, high power loads etc.
Phil ShawDirector Product Line for Advanced Battery
9:45 am - 10:30 am TIER1 viewpoint on the changing market dynamicsJim Harkins, Director, Engineering,DENSO International America, Inc
· Analyze the shift in market to better understand the dynamics involving electrification.
· Upcoming market trends and their effect on electrification
· Enhance the role that Tier 1 plays on low voltage electrification
Jim HarkinsDirector, Engineering
DENSO International America, Inc
10:30 am - 11:15 am Networking Break
11:15 am - 12:00 pm Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Technologies in Future MobilityErika Gupta, Operations Supervisor, EERE's Fuel Cells Technologies Office (FCTO),U.S. Department of Energy
- Overview of current status of Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) technology
- Update on U.S. Department of Energy funded research and development
- Key Challenges in the development of FCEVs
Erika GuptaOperations Supervisor, EERE's Fuel Cells Technologies Office (FCTO)
U.S. Department of Energy
12:00 pm - 1:15 pm Lunch
1:15 pm - 2:00 pm Analyzing Infrastructure Change Due to Increase of Vehicle ElectrificationJim Saber, Vice President, Business & Technology Development,NextEnergy
• Simplifying charging capacity in city infrastructure
• Integrating charging capacity into city grids without increasing cost of systems and living
• Smart grid operations and dynamics for electrical vehicle components
Jim SaberVice President, Business & Technology Development
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Networking Break
2:30 pm - 3:15 pm Enhancing components of transmissions in electrified propulsion systems vehicle longevity
· Maintaining driving range at highest capacity for HV/EV
· Architectural changes in propulsion system for better connectivity
· Determining battery type for most accurate torque speed and minimal vehicle power requirements